Download Wikimedia Commons for PC Windows 10,8,7
Wikimedia Commons for PC (Windows 10/8/7 & Mac):
Wikimedia Commons, developed and published by Wikimedia Foundation, is available for the Android platform. Anyone with an Android mobile can download Wikimedia Commons from the play store and start using it. But what if you want to Download Wikimedia Commons for PC? Is it possible to run Wikimedia Commons on Windows 10 laptop?
Using one of the best Photography app, Wikimedia Commons on PC would offer a lot more flexibility. Hence, at alloct.com, we help you installing Wikimedia Commons on Windows PC. You can even follow the same procedure to run it on Mac as well.
We provide you with different possible ways to run the Wikimedia Commons app on PC. Practically, there is no official app available from the developer, Wikimedia Foundation for the Desktop version. So we obviously need to rely on the Emulators to download and Install Wikimedia Commons for PC.
Bluestacks is one of the widely used and most popular Android emulator to download Wikimedia Commons on PC. If you use any other emulators like NoxPlayer, MemuPlay, Arc Welder etc, you can stick to that option.
Emulators like Bluestacks simulates the Android environment on PC to help us running the Wikimedia Commons on laptop. As it is a heavy-loaded software, there are certain configuration requirements.
Emulator Requirements to run Wikimedia Commons on PC:
Now, without wasting much time, let’s start with the step by step guide to Download the latest version of Wikimedia Commons on your Windows or Mac PC for Free.
Download Wikimedia Commons for PC:
- Step 1: Download any of the emulator on to your PC. Here are the links for Bluestacks and MemuPlay.
- Step 2: Install the emulator software on your Windows or Mac laptop.
- Step 3: After initial set up, find the Google playstore app pre-installed on Bluestacks / MemuPlay.
- Step 4: Open the Playstore and search for “Wikimedia Commons” to download it.
- Step 5: Verify the developer details (Wikimedia Foundation) and tap on the Install button.
We have downloaded Wikimedia Commons to emulator running on your PC. Just find the Wikimedia Commons app on the emulator homescreen and double click to start using it.
If Wikimedia Commons is not available on Playstore, you can always download the Wikimedia Commons APK file from the external sources and install it on emulators.
Join one of the largest photo and multimedia communities in the world! Commons is not only the image repository for Wikipedia, but an independent project that seeks to document the world with photos, videos and recordings.
– Upload photos to Commons directly from your smartphone
– Categorize your photos to make them easier for other people to find
– Categories are automatically suggested based on photo location data and title
– View nearby missing images – this helps Wikipedia to have images for all articles, and you will discover beautiful places close to you
– View all the contributions you have made to Commons in one gallery
Using the app is easy:
– Log in to your Wikimedia account (if you don’t have an account, create one for free at this step)
– Select ‘From Gallery’ (or the picture icon)
– Select the picture that you wish to upload to Commons
– Enter a title and description for the picture
– Select the license that you wish to release your picture under
– Enter as many relevant categories as possible
– Press Save
The following guidelines will help you to understand what photos the community is looking for:
✓ Photos that document the world around you – famous people, political events, festivals, monuments, landscapes, natural objects and animals, food, architecture, etc
✓ Photos of notable objects that you find in the Nearby List in the app
✖ Copyrighted pictures
✖ Photos of you or your friends. But if you are documenting an event it doesn’t matter if they are in the picture
✖ Photos of poor quality. Make sure the things you are trying to document are visible on the picture
– Website: https://commons-app.github.io/
– Bug reports: https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues
– Discussion: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Mobile_app & https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/commons-app-android
– Source code: https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons
Similar Apps to Wikimedia Commons for PC:
|Wikipedia Beta||Wikimedia Foundation||Free||org.wikipedia.beta|
|Article Reader Offline||Oleg Sheremet||Free||com.olegsheremet.articlereader|
|Offline Reader for Reddit||101 Tech Solutions Apps||Free||yy.offlinereader|
|WikiMed mini – Offline Medical Wikipedia||Kiwix Team||Free||org.kiwix.kiwixcustomwikimedmini|
|Kiwix, Wikipedia offline||Kiwix Team||Free||org.kiwix.kiwixmobile|
|The Japan Times||The Japan Times Ltd||Free||jp.co.japantimes.www|
|Aard 2||Igor Tkach||Free||itkach.aard2|
|Japan News | 日本ニュース||All About News||Free||com.adelinolobao.japannews|
Bluestacks supports almost all the Android apps to run on your PC. Wikimedia Commons is no exception to it. If it causes any issues, you can always switch to lightweight emulators like MemuPlay.
Bluestacks, NoxPlayer, MemuPlay are the a few best emulators. Bluestacks is the most popular one among these with millions of user base.
While running the Wikimedia Commons on PC, you may observe some lag as this is a heavy software. However if you have some good configuration laptop, you can seamlessly run Wikimedia Commons on your Windows PC.
Wikimedia Commons is one of the most popular app in Photography category with 50,000+ app installations and 4.2-star average user rating.
Do have any other queries downloading Wikimedia Commons app on your PC? We are here to help you out. Drop a comment below and we’ll reach you out resolving the issue.